Markham Stouffville Hospital Foundation’s 2013 Puttin' on the Roof Gala will celebrate an important milestone - the March opening and phasing in of services in our expanded hospital facilities - and at the same time, raise funds to help reach our $50 million Expansion Campaign goal.
• Markham Stouffville Hospital was built in 1990 when the population was 77,000.
• Today, the community the Hospital serves has expanded to over 330,000 with no sign that development is slowing. Our Hospital must expand to catch up with our community’s growth.
The Future is Now
is a very exciting time for our community! Our new building opened on
March 10, 2013 and our staff began to phase in patient services. Moving
in is just the beginning of our multi-year plan. We are now in the
second phase of our expansion that will see our original building
renovated and renewed.
Once completed, the new Markham Stouffville Hospital will include:
• A new Emergency Department; triple the current size
• An expanded Ambulatory Care Centre (i.e., oncology, cancer diagnostics, orthopaedics, diabetes, etc.)
• Over 100 new patient beds
• Eight new operating rooms
• A state-of-the-art Diagnostic Imaging Centre
• An enhanced Centre for Childbirth & Children, delivering 1,000 more babies per year
• An expanded Mental Health Centre